what Bible do you use?




Having a quick look around my house, I was rather surprised at the number of Bibles I have access to.


Within a couple of minutes I can physically lay my hands on an NIV, an NCV, an NLT, a KJV, a GNB and various Bible dictionaries, Bible Atlases, Bible “How’s whos” and concordances/commentaries (Mathew Henry ftw!).



Then there’s the YouVersion app (or site) on my iPhone, Android tablet and Laptop; as well as other sites like BibleGatewayeBible; Bible verse shorteners like bib.ly and many sites/feeds for online daily devotionals (I use the Chuck Swindoll Daily Devotional and the Daily Bible Study from Spring Harvest – a UK Christian Event) and podcasts.
Having all this access it made me think just how much I take being able to grab a Bible for granted.
Image representing iPhone as depicted in Crunc...Image via CrunchBase

It’s truly humbling what easy access I have and has made me re-evaluate how I use (or actually don’t) the resources. I want to use all the resources I have more effectively; to help my study God’s word and realise what a privileged position I have compared to so many of my fellow Christians around the world – where still, in many countries, you can be arrested for simple having a Bible!


For my own use, I find the YouVersion app, great when heading out to Life Group (all I need is my phone). However, when doing deep study I still prefer my favourite red letter ‘paper’ NLT.

Popular posts from this blog

Speaking in tongues for today - Charles Stanley

What is the glory (kabod) of God?

The Holy Spirit causes us to cry out: Abba, Father