Knowing God through his all knowingness




Remember the former things long past,
for I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is no one like Me,
declaring the end from the beginning,
and from ancient times things which have not been done,
saying, “My purpose will be established,
and I will accomplish all My good pleasure.”

ISAIAH 46:9-10

Adoration

Lord, so much of life is unknown. I can see only bits and pieces. Uncertainties and confusion lurk around decisions, which at times make it difficult to know what to do and think. People offer their opinions, but they’re not You. Only You know all things to know. You are God. There is no other. No one like You exists.


You declare the end from the beginning. You know the future before we get there. What You say will happen does happen. From ancient times to present times, You know all. Your purpose will be established, and You will accomplish all of Your good pleasure. I praise and worship You, for You are truly holy, loving, and all-knowing in every way.


Confession

Father, I can see only what is in front of me, and even then it’s foggy. As Paul said, we can only see through a mirror dimly at this point. Things are not entirely clear. And yet, knowing that You are all-knowing and that I have only a limited view, I still rely on my own decision-making skills rather than look to You to lead, guide, assure, and correct me—and to give me peace.


Forgive me for failing to follow You or for even failing to study the revelations made clear in Your Word. These acts of disobedience to You only cause me trouble. Forgive me for not looking to Your leading and guidance for answers I desire to have.


Thanksgiving

Holy God, thank You that the breadth and the depth of Your knowledge span all there is to know. Thank You that I can know You, the One who knows all. Thank You that You have made Yourself available to me to be known, and that in knowing You, I can tap into all wisdom, all knowledge, and all love.


Thank You for being my guide and my Source of all things, and for giving me the ability to discern between truth and lies. Thank You that You keep all things in order. Thank You for supplying all we need on this planet for it to function and for life to continue and move forward. It’s all held together by Your knowledge and Your never-ending care and love.


Supplication

God, I want to know You more fully. I want to search Your mind and know Your thoughts. I ask to know the truth. I ask to have great discernment to understand what You know. I want to know what You know in such a way that it impacts my emotions, my thoughts, my words, and my actions. I want to know the hope that comes in resting in full confidence in Your knowledge.


Lord, show me how I can tap into Your all-knowingness at a greater level. How can I gain greater insight into Your Word? Let Your Holy Spirit guide me to Scripture that reveals what I need to know when I need to know it. Give me strength to resist the temptation to turn to those who don’t know all as my Source for understanding. Help me to instead look to You always for a greater understanding of all things.

In Jesus’ name, I pray this prayer in praise of Your knowing all things. Amen.


 Evans, T. (2021). Prayers for Knowing God (pp. 98–101). Harvest House Publishers.

Popular posts from this blog

Speaking in tongues for today - Charles Stanley

What is the glory (kabod) of God?

The Holy Spirit causes us to cry out: Abba, Father