Lord work in my life today!

Psalm 3:4 I cried to the LORD with my voice, and He heard me from His holy hill. Selah

Read the description of this scene: “When He had come down from the mountain, great multitudes followed Him. And behold, a leper came and worshiped Him, saying, ‘Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean.’ Then Jesus put out His hand and touched him saying, ‘I am willing; be cleansed.’ Immediately his leprosy was cleansed” (Matt. 8:1–3).

Jesus wants us to see Him as our only Source of help in every situation. Although the multitudes pressed in on Him, compassion rose up from within Him at the sight of the approaching man with leprosy who was deeply despised by others.

Leprosy was a curse. All who associated with people having leprosy were considered ceremonially unclean as well. Yet the man dared to venture into the city in hopes of talking to Jesus. When Christ came near, the man immediately knelt before Him. It was a demonstration of his adoration of God. Next he told Jesus: “If You are willing, You can make me clean.” They were words of tremendous faith spoken by a man who did not doubt God’s ability but feared that somehow he might be overlooked.

Some who read these words have suffered for a long time. Jesus can heal your infirmity. He may choose to do so completely, or He may change the circumstances so that you can find peace and rest in your suffering. Don’t let the Savior pass by; step forward in worship and allow Him to work in your life. Don’t pass me by, Lord. Work in my life as I humbly bow in worship before You.


Related articles
Enhanced by Zemanta

Popular posts from this blog

Speaking in tongues for today - Charles Stanley

What is the glory (kabod) of God?

The Holy Spirit causes us to cry out: Abba, Father