Spur one another on in the faith

English: Church of the Holy Spirit in Munich -...Image via WikipediaEnglish: Church of the Holy Spirit in Munich -...Image via Wikipedia
Sometimes we can turn church into a spectator sport. A consumer sport. A “how will this help me?” sport. A “who will reach out to me today?” sport. But church was never intended to be that way. Church is a full participation, full contact sport. God has given each one of us gifts of the Spirit. You have a manifestation of the Spirit that I do not have. I need the gifts that the Holy Spirit has given you, and you need the gifts given to me. We can’t be half-hearted when it comes to participating in the life of the church. You have a gift of encouragement – who will you minister to this Sunday? You have a gift a prophecy – who will you speak to this Sunday? You have a gift of generosity – who will you bless this Sunday? You have a gift of mercy – who will experience it this Sunday? Please, don’t deprive me of your gifts!

Enhanced by Zemanta

Popular posts from this blog

Speaking in tongues for today - Charles Stanley

What is the glory (kabod) of God?

The Holy Spirit causes us to cry out: Abba, Father