Asking God For Too Much? Maybe You’re Asking For Too Little.

English: El Gouna (Red Sea, Egypt) Nederlands:...
English: El Gouna (Red Sea, Egypt) Nederlands: El Gouna (Rode Zee, Egypte) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Believers regularly ask God to do great things. Things that seem impossible. Like saving certain people who seem light years away from the kingdom. Or providing when we can’t see any possible way. Most of us even pray for miracles at times.

The only thing is, we often ask for too little. We should ask God for great things, especially if they will bring him glory.

In Psalm 81:10 God says: I am the LORD your God, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it.

God says to his people, “Don’t forget who I am - the LORD – the Creator and Ruler of heaven and earth. I own all things and command all things. Whatever I say, goes. I speak and it happens.

Then he says, “I am…your God.” And you are the sheep of my pasture. I’ve made a covenant with you to be your God. I have a personal interest in you.

Not only am I the LORD and your God, I brought you up out of the land of Egypt. I redeemed you. Bought you. I did the impossible to save you. Broke the back of the most powerful nation on earth and freed you from the cruel grip of Pharaoh. I saved you, parted the Red Sea when there was no way of escape, wiped out your enemies, kept you safe, and provided for you in the desert. And I brought yo inuto a land flowing with milk and honey.

SO….OPEN YOUR MOUTH WIDE, AND I WILL FILL IT. Ask me for big things. Open your mouth as wide as you can – I can handle that. Remember I am your God who redeemed you. If I gave my Son for you do you think I’ll hold back lesser things? You’re not asking for things that are too big. You’re asking for things that are too small.

Our God is rich and generous. He is “able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think” (Eph 3:20). So ask him for great things. And when you think your request is as big as you can ask, make it even bigger. Open your mouth even wider. We can’t ask too much from the one who redeemed us by the blood of his Son. We can ask too little, but never too much.

Popular posts from this blog

Speaking in tongues for today - Charles Stanley

What is the glory (kabod) of God?

The Holy Spirit causes us to cry out: Abba, Father