Prayers for knowing God- ACTS

REMEMBER TO PRAY USING A.C.T.S
Adoration
Holy God, You are patient. You persevere. You are kind. You are holy. Your compassionate love covers me. And yet You are also just. You are also righteous. And so You become weary of evildoing. You become tired when my words are empty and when my heart is far away. You are not just a stoic being with no emotion. Rather, you care so deeply that it offends. You, when I keep on sinning in light of Your overarching grace.
Lord, I worship You as I fear You, in honour of who You truly are. I’m grateful that You allow me to see this side of You, not only the side that’s giving, kind, and forgiving. I need to know all of You in order to give You the authentic praise due Your name and to rightly reflect Your character with the spirit of my worship of You.
Confession
Holy God, I confess that I don’t consider how I’ve wearied You as often as I should. I confess that I depend on the kindness of Your character to such a large degree that it borders on a spirit of entitlement.
I ask You to forgive me even in the midst of Your being wearied by my sin and my propensity to dismiss You in the face of difficulties I think I can solve. Rather than look for ways You can see me through challenging circumstances; I often seek to manoeuvre my own ways outside of Your will. Please have mercy on me and correct me, Lord. But do so with mercy, or I will not be able to stand beneath the weight of Your just hand.
Thanksgiving
Lord, thank You for reminding me of the importance of fearing You through a reverent awareness of Your holiness. Thank You for letting me see glimpses of Your greatness so I can rightfully honour You in my thoughts, with my words, and through my actions. Thank You that even though You are wearied by my sin, You embrace me with Your love.
Thank You for showing great mercy in the midst of being wearied by the world and its inhabitants. You have extended Your patience in light of Your disdain for the evil that takes place. I ask You, Lord, for an increased acknowledgement in my life and in our culture of Your patience and an increased awareness of how we’ve wearied the great God who rules over all.
Supplication
Father, I don’t want to weary You with my sins. I don’t want to try your patience. I want to please You in all I do. Help me live more according to the law of love. You have given to us as a way of honouring You in all we do. Help me, love. You with all my heart, all my soul, all my spirit, and all my strength.
Help me also love others as I love myself. When I live my life and make my decisions by these two principles of love, I will not weary You; I will honour You. Show me what it means to bring You delight, Lord, and cause me to focus more fully on what brings You joy rather than on what causes You to sigh.
All in the name of Jesus, I pray this prayer with a heart of gratitude. Amen.
Evans, T. (2021). Prayers for Knowing God (pp. 92–95). Harvest House Publishers.